Monday, June 27, 2011

I Heart Tim McGraw!

A few weeks ago Richard and I countried it up and went with my sister Rose to the Tim McGraw concert in St. Louis. It was AMAZING!! He is such a phenomenal performer, incredibly high energy, etc. The Band Perry and Luke Bryan were his opening acts, and I really enjoyed hearing them too. I hadn’t recognized the name Luke Bryan, but to my surprise I recognized most of his songs as recent favorites of mine! (Rain is a Good Thing, All My Friends Say, etc etc.)


The concert came at the end of very, very long week, and after hot-footing (or, more accurately, lead-footing) it back from Chicago in order to make the concert in time, so it would have been nice if I hadn’t been completely exhausted. But I managed to muster up enough energy to dance and sing along to one of my favorite McGraw songs! Check us out at the following link:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/video.php?v=10150630241955173



We could only afford lawn passes, so we were pretty far back, but it was still a great concert The major downside to the lawn passes was the massive amounts of alcohol consumed by people around us, who then became very obnoxiously drunk. Add to that the chain smokers and it really wasn’t a super enjoyment-conducive atmosphere. At one point I found myself wishing that cirrhosis of the liver and lung cancer were immediate onset illnesses. Not a very nice thought, I know, but they were ruining my concert! I think it was probably my first and last ‘lawn pass’ experience at this venue, however. Even our cheapo tickets were $30 each, and that’s a lot of money to pay for second-hand smoke and first hand obnoxiousness. I was also surprised by how much time there was between the performances. The Band Perry played from 7:00-7:30, Luke Brian from 8:00-8:30 and Tim from 9:00 to 10:30. Good thing Tim was so amazing! But I tell you what, I was really feeling the loss of that radio station contest for 2nd row seats that we entered and lost! We totally should have had it too…I’ll try and post a copy of our entry for “First Kiss Experiences.” Ours was by far the best…but after the DJs made the first cut, user voters decided, and we just didn’t have a whole high school population behind us. (Thanks to everyone who DID vote for us though!). All in all though, it was worth it to see Tim McGraw live at least once in my lifetime. I think with a less dynamic performer it wouldn’t have been, but I have never seen anything like the pure performance energy and stage presence Tim displayed.
Perhaps the best part of the whole night was the fabulous picture opportunities!




No comments:

Post a Comment