Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Day Eleven: Hitting the Books

Well after our fun day on the streets it was time to hit the books. Well, for Richard to hit the books. I went along to LBS (this is me on the campus) to work in the comuter lab there.

So far we are finding that all the tourists and the guidebooks were 100% right about how expensive everything is, but WAY off-target about how ‘nasty’ the food is supposed to be! I haven’t had anything bad-tasting yet, with the exception of an over-ripe pear! Maybe their problem is that is just good, plain, wholesome food for the most part. Hearty sandwiches and salads, meat and cheese pasties, (pronounced “pass-tee”) etc, which is like a ham and cheese or steak and cheese hot pocket, but way, way, way yummier! Seriously, tell me a place in the states you can walk up and get ‘take-out’ in less than 2 minutes that is anything other than a hamburger/taco/chicken nugget variation? I can have curry, beef casserole, fish n chips, a yogurt ‘pot’ (sealed cups of yogurt, usually with muesli or granola, a fruit ‘pot’ (same concept) etc. etc. I LUV the food here.  Everyone else must be crazy.

To conclude this post I found the following video courtesy of the BYU alumni newsletter. Considering that I am in Europe myself it was even more fabulously hilarious! Its a BYU Jazz band called The New Hot 5. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment