Sunday, January 29, 2012

Chicago Again

I love staying at the Hyatt.  Perhaps it is my honest expression of this love at the front desk each weekend which gets our room upgraded. Whatever it is, I am grateful. This morning I worked from the table in our mini-suite with this view.


The 'small' 6-story building in the middle is where Richard goes to school, the University of Chicago's Gleacher Center (right off Michigan Avenue). I meandered over to the school about 1 pm, because Richard had to work through lunch. So I ate Houlihan's leftovers all up, all by myself. Sorry Richard.

I spent most of the day editing a friend's law school application essays and making phone calls. I am grateful that I have the chance to share my writing skills sometimes, it makes me feel very useful. I confess, I also played Settlers of Cataan online once or twice. Or maybe three times.  Our train was delayed 50 minutes leaving Chicago, but I had a JAMBA JUICE to console me. That's right, the Letty Jamba Radar is still functioning fabulously. When, oh when will they franchise in St. Louis! Maybe that should be our criteria for re-location after Richard graduates...

We got in about 45 minutes late, and got home about 15 min. ago.  But I started writing while waiting for Richard to do his nightly winding down. (I can collapse into bed within 30 seconds of walking through the door, but he simply cannot.) Now that I'm almost done, he's waiting on me, and the Leapfrog Waiting Game strikes again. My poor house is a disaster and my kitchen smells nasty...we ate taco soup all week and the dishes didn't get done before we left. (Maybe I will try and only work 1 job for some of next week).  It was a frantic pre-Chicago Friday morning again this week. However I did squeeze in a lovely lunch with the gal I visit teach at a Danish Pastry shop and hit the clearance section at Walmart. Definitely worth all the rush! When we arrived home tonight  I discovered that I hadn't locked the house. Oh, and my hair looked like this.
My effort at 're-training' my bangs to fall in a more cross-forehead swoop? Epic Fail.
.




No comments:

Post a Comment