Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Warming up the North Pole

We had a nice heavy snowfall yesterday which managed to finally make my leftover Christmas decoration not look totally silly. The whether has certainly been up and down the last few weeks! However Richard and I are armed with our new secret weapon, a new electric heater that we plug in when we are in our 'office' bedroom. Since I work, watch TV etc etc all from this room, and Richard has super-human cold tolerances, essentially this is the only room in the house that we actually need to heat. And our little electric heater will get it up to 83 degrees in 45 minutes! Anytime I am elsewhere I am usually cleaning and cooking or doing dishes, all activities where one doesn't generally get too cold. And our bed has a nice fluffy down comforter from IKEA that keeps us nice and toasty.  I usually get cold when I am sitting still, working or vegging, which happens in the office. Which I can now heat to ridiculous levels of warmth and comfort guilt-free! We can't figure out why we didn't think of this ages ago! Yay for finding more ways to save money!

No comments:

Post a Comment